In Windows 10 you can adjust the brightness level and contrast to make it more comfortable for you. However, in some case, the Windows 10 brightness control is not working because of several reasons. It is for sure that it can make you feel not comfortable because the screen of your computer or devices can be too bright. However, if you experience this issue, there are several solutions that you can try; below is the further explanation about that.
Method 1: Use the Default CD
When you bought the new laptop, you will get an original CD that contains the laptop driver where you will need it when you want to re-install the certain operation of Windows system. However, if you don’t get this CD when you are buying a laptop, you can give your complaint because it can be a sign that your notebook is not completed with the CD player or you bought the laptop from the illegal users. This CD is essential because it contains the compatible drivers with your laptop brand.
You can use this CD in order to solve the Windows 10 Brightness Control is not working. Below is the complete step to do:
- First of all, insert your CD driver to the laptop
- After that, open the Windows Explorer and then choose the “My computer” part and click the Device with the Removable Storage option.
- Next, click twice at the DVD RW (Drive F: )
- It will be opened then and you need to choose the “Contents” option and install the driver one by one. Please don’t forget to install the “Display Adapter” because it is the main problem for this case.
- Next, restart your laptop or PC and then try to check the brightness on your laptop.
It is so important to ensure that you use the same CD as the one when you bought your Windows laptop.
Fix Windows 10 Brightness control by using the Device Manager
The Windows 10 Brightness control is not working can be caused by the crashed display adapters or it is obsolete. For this case, there are two different options that you can try; restart the driver or renew it. Here are the further instructions to do this second method:
- First of all, you need to open the Device Manager and choose the Device Manager
- After that, click the Driver Display Adapters and then choose the option of “Intel (R) HD Graphics and right-click on it and choose the “Update” option.
- The next step is choosing the menu of “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Then, you have to choose the option to let you pick from a list of device drivers on your computers.
- After that, choose the ‘Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” and then click the NEXT option
- Do again the 2-5 steps above and then in the fifth step you have to choose the previous Drive or the Intel (R) HD Graphics.
- The last step is restarting your laptop or PC and it is done.
That’s it and this way is quite effective for resolving this issue.
Via the Device Manager “Rool Back”
If those two methods above are not working for you, you can do this third method and here are the complete ways to do so:
- First of all, you need to open the Device Manager option > Windows + X and then choose the device manager option
- After that, choose the Display Adapters
- The third step is to direct your cursor to the Intel (R) HD Graphics and then do the right-click and chooses the “Properties” options. After that choose the “DRIVER” tab.
- Then, choose the “Rool Back Driver”
- The last step is restarting your Laptop or PC.
If this method is effective you have to update the driver so that the driver work will be more effective.
Method 4: Via Device Manager “Update Driver”
This method is almost similar to the ways above, but there are some differences in certain steps and you will need the internet connection to do so.
- First of all, open the Device Manager > Windows + X and then choose the DEVICE MANAGER
- After that, click the “Driver” Option. Do the right-click and choose the “Properties” option
- Choose the DRIVER option and choose the option of “Update Driver”
- After that, don’t forget to choose the “Browser my computer for driver software” option
- Next, you have to choose the option to let you pick from the device driver list on your computer.
- The last step that you can do is choose the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter menu.
The Solution Windows 10 Brightness Control is not working if the driver is not installed yet
The Windows 10 Brightness Control is not working can be caused by the driver that is not installed yet. Below is the characteristic for this case:
- There are just two power buttons; the shutdown and restart button
- If you right-click the button, you will not find the Graphic Properties and Graphic Options
- When you see the running icon, there is not the Intel R Graphic option
If you have these characteristics on your Windows 10, then you can do these methods to solve the Windows 10 Brightness Control is not working.
What you can do is installing the Driver Booster PRO and then opens it. After that, you can choose the SCAN option and you need to update the driver display adapter.
The second solution that you can try is by downloading and installing the Driver Max. This tool is almost the same with the Driver Booster, but it has the smaller size. In the other side, the Driver Max also has the more complete scanner than the Driver Booster Pro. In order to download and install the Driver Max, you just need to visit its official website and download it. There are two types that you can choose; the FREE version or the PRO one.
So, those are some solutions to solve the Windows 10 Brightness control is not working.